There are many famous health quotes and wealth quotes, but most people do not understand the connection between good health and the ability to be successful or wealthy. To understand the relationship better, one should change their mindset on wealth, as it not only about having money and material things!
Here are some of my topones which you may be able to relate to:
- “The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine.” ~ Hippocrates
- “Health is like money; we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” ~ Josh Billings
- “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.” ~ Billy Graham
- “Health is the greatest of human blessings.” ~ Hippocrates
- “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Good health is essential to create wealth.
Most people think of only physical wealth when they think of good health, but emotional and mental healthis even more critical components of overall good health.
Prosperity, or the state of being prosperous, is often defined as not only having wealth but being in physical, emotional and mental health. It also expands to cover such dimensions as environmental health.One way to explain it is that health positions you for success and the ability to make wealth. On the other hand, poor health is a hindrance to progress and amassing wealth.
Physical wealth and success
Physical health may be affected by such things as poor diet, lack of physical exercise, poor hygiene, bacterial or viral infections or even genetic inheritances.
So how does good physical health help one to be successful?
- Success requires hard work. Physical wealth helps one to handle pressure and to work hard.
- Physical and mental health helps one to focus on the activities at hand. Focus is essential for success.
- Money spent on treatment and other health-related bills or expenses can be saved – This helps channel such money towards investments and other ventures that lead to success.
- A healthy person is a motivated person. Good health plays a big role in having a positive outlook and the drive to succeed.
Emotional health and its role in achieving success and gaining wealth
Emotional healthis a part of overall mental health, but most people do not give it much thought. Stress, anger and fatigue are just some of the things that can affect one’s emotional wellbeing if one does take steps to manage their emotions. How does lack of emotional health affect one’s journey, desire or drive towards success and wealth?
- An emotionally disturbed person spends a lot of time and energy on their emotional defects. The time and energy thus spent could be better utilised towards success and gaining wealth.
- Emotionally unwell persons are demotivated and do not have a driving desire or hunger for success.
- Lack of emotional health leads to unhappiness and stress.
- Emotionally unstable people handle stress less well compared to their emotionally stable counterparts.
Mental health and its impact on success and wealth
- Mental health enables one to make reasonable decisions.
- Good mental health helps one have a clear mind, and thus pay attention to every part of the plan and vision on the journey to success.
- Mental health helps one stay focused in spite of distractions and derailments.
- Mental health helps one to be more analytical, more attentive to details and more open to learning new things. All these are essential ingredients for wealth and success.
Health and wealth are the two main components of wellbeing in life. Prosperity is the state of being successful in both financial or material wealth and also in good health. It may also be seen as the state of having plenty and being economically stable while at the same time succeeding in all your endeavours.
The word Prosperous describes a person who is experiencing growth and success or doing well in terms of business or their goals and is mentally, emotionally and physically well. Prosperity is all-round completeness.
Why is wealth important?
- Wealth is significant because it gives financial security for you and your family now and in the future. In today’s world, financial security is crucial. Nearly everything requires money, from food to education to health services.
- It raises one’s, social class. Wealth makes one feel a sense of accomplishment and acknowledgement in society.
- Wealth creates a legacy and an inheritance. You can rest assured that your descendants will not have to struggle if they build on the foundation of wealth you built.
- The physical and mental ability to handle drawbacks, emergencies, disaster, sicknesses and other calamities, it is easier for a wealthy person to handle these problems.
- Wealth enables people to enjoy a great life
- . Being wealthy gives one a sense of accomplishment. Most people long to feel that they have accomplished great things in life.
- Wealth makes it possible to help those in need. There is an excellent satisfaction in giving. Wealthy people can make a difference in the world around them. However, this is a personal choice, as not every wealthy person gives to charity or gives back to the community.
In summary, wealth is not just about money and material things. Success goes far beyond just having lots of money. Wealth and prosperity are a package that includes financial success, good health, a positive influence in the community and the accomplishments of one’s dreams.
Some of these things are not measurable in financial terms. Whether you intend to become a successful businessperson or have some life goals that you want to accomplish, you should have not only a financial roadmap but should also take your health and mindset seriously. As mentioned above, health is not just the physical aspect of it, but also the mental and emotional side of health. If you can accomplish your dreams and maintainhealth, then you are wealthy! You can better enjoy the fruit of your labour because one of the fruits of good health and wealthis happiness and satisfaction.